Instagram's controversial terms of service update this past month has spurred an onslaught of dismay and anger from users of the popular photo-sharing social network. The specific set of the new terms that set off this firestorm basically said that businesses could use your uploaded photos for advertisement, without you receiving any of the profit.
Instagram later changed the terms of service by reverting to the original one. While this may have quelled many Instagram users, it's been recently brought to light by legal experts that the original terms of service are potentially more dangerous, due to their ambiguity.
The new terms of service have also added a new arbitration clause, which states that you "waive your right to participate in a class action lawsuit or class-wide arbitration" against Instagram, unless you opt out.
It's exceedingly easy to do. All you need to do is copy the template below and include your full name, permanent address, email address, signature, and telephone. Once you're done with that, you'll have to send it via pony express to:
“Instagram, LLC ATTN: Arbitration Opt-out 1601 Willow Rd. Menlo Park, CA 94025”
You have to send the letter before January 19th, 2013, so make sure to get on it quickly. Any users that create an Instagram account after that date have 30 days from when they first sign up to send their opt-out letters.
Of course you could always opt-out of Instagram by deleting your account. You can use Flickr to download all of your precious filtered pictures with a simple click. You can even try out several of the Instagram alternatives out there in the market.
- How to Use commas with restrictive and nonrestrictive clauses
- How to Use relative clauses in the English language
- How to Choose the right pilates class for you
- How to Use subordinate clauses in English Grammar
- How to Level your weapons up fast in Battlefield 3
- How to Extend the length of a class paper
- How to Use fashion to look taller
- How to Diagram the nominal clause as the subject
- How to Use a comma properly
- How to Use a semicolon properly
- How to Diagram a nominal clause as direct object
- How to Never Lose the Detachable AC Plug to Your MacBook's Power Adapter Ever Again
- Hack Like a Pro: How to Remotely Record & Listen to the Microphone on Anyone's Computer
- How to Build a Weatherproof Camera Enclosure for Long Term Time-Lapses
- How to Identify and treat a 'hurry case' as a Boy Scout
- How to Factor and collect like terms
- How to Count odds and outs in Texas Hold'em poker
- 50 Christmas Spoilers in 3 Minutes
- Toy Challenge: Santa Clause is coming to town
- Real-Life Angry Birds Game Illegally Staged in Chinese Amusement Park